Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

a few things. . .

here's something that a blog-friend (i like to call them my e-maginary friends) shared, and i thought i'd do the same. . . (imitation is a form of flattery, right?)

Outside my window... lavender is in full bloom and i'm captivated by the colors. and i'm understanding why monet painted the same thing in different lighting situations that would happen throughout the day. depending on the angle of the sun or the clouds in the sky, the lavender color against the lush green of the grass just takes my breath away! and there is a constant flurry of activity as the bees buzz busily all day long!

I am thinking...about how i'll finish up packing my office and moving it upstairs to the spare bedroom (which still hasn't been emptied and needs to be painted) and remaining "in business" so to speak while i'm in a state of flux. 

I am thankful for... proximity of family. my family all lives 600+ miles away (i'm the black sheep who moved away) so i'm particularly blessed to have my husband's three siblings living less than 10 minutes away and his parents about 1 hour away. we all get along, have kids the same ages and enjoy getting together fairly regularly. (contented sigh)

From the kitchen... the low country boil we had for father's day. corn, potatoes, sausage and shrimp. lots of crab boil seasoning and old bay. . . cornbread, butter, newspaper on table. . . and voila! dinner. amazingly tasty. summer at its best! 

I am wearing... sports bra, curves tshirt (have to work later, and i only dress once if i can help it!), black lycra skirt/skort, simple earrings and a necklace and a smidge of chanel 5.

I am creating...new menu system and coordinating posters for a new store we are building. on a "funner" note, i'm looking to create some new jewelry from my treasures purchased over the weekend.

I am going...to have to go upstairs to finish making boywonder his smoothie. he could do it himself, but that's what moms are for.

I am reading... Merchant to Romania by Jeri Little and Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury.

I am hoping... that i can get recommitted to working out every day. 

I am hearing... the shower running in the bathroom across the hall. boywonder is home!

Around the house... there is a trail of belongings for each inhabitant of the house. i crave just a tad of audience participation when it comes to organizing.

One of my favorite things...is the way boywonder shares his heart. after being away at frontier for a month, he had so many examples of how God is at work in his heart to share. i love how he is so open with me and is willing to be transparent. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...work each day, tuesday menchies with a student, wednesday nite off (whoo hoo) from youth group activities, small group bible study with my girls over lunch on thursday, friday old-lady sleep over at a friends so we can love on a missionary friend that is in from khazekstan for the summer, saturday no plans and church on sunday!

A picture to share...

4 comments:

  1. Neat! The book about Romania looks interesting. I may just have to buy that one! Hubby is from there!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun way to learn some stuff about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pic!!! my lavender pic should be in the next few days. thanks for sharing all the fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment! I really appreciate it!

    My husband said as we were going to bed last night "We don't know them, you're not connected to them..." but I'm with you. My HEART is INVESTED in those sweet little kids. It is heart breaking as I think about what the next few years will look like for them. So so sad!:(

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!