Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Thursday, July 23, 2009

new journey

as if my real life world isn't real enough, i can now tune in once a week and watch people deal with the ins and outs of this wonderful thing called parenthood. i'm so looking forward to this show (i adored the movie). hopefully i'll get to see parents make more mistakes than i did. (do)
i'm (well, we) about to embark on a totally new journey of parenthood. that of the parent-from-afar.
gulp.
i don't know. i'm just so glad there are cell phones and skype and facebook. i can still keep in touch, or if nothing else, be a teeny fly on their walls just keeping an eye out.
sigh.
i can't believe this phase of parenthood is looming. emptynesthood always looked like something that old people did. or had.
i'm not old.
am i?
will i feel this young when i'm 80? does that sound torturous to you?
i'm looking forward to parenthood. perhaps by watching, i can relive those crazy days that i never thought we'd get through.
little did i know i'd blink my eyes and it would be over.
now on to the next phase!! i'm sure it will be equally hair-raising.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I loved the original movie and I watch it often. It should be good and I will watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're old! I'll join you on that quest to think that 80 still isn't "that old" once we reach that age. :)

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!