Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Saturday, January 1, 2011

new beginnings

it's a new day…  a new year… a day of promise and new beginnings.
is that not just a little bit exciting?
i know that for many… 2010 was a year of hardship and struggle.
i'm kinda tired of the endless commentary of how bad everything is. sometimes i think we let the media dictate how we approach life. after awhile, we can't help but believe that life is hard and awful and blahdy blah blah.
tired of it.
{i'm not discounting that life has, indeed, but tough for some folks!}
i'm blowing away those clouds of dismay and gloom.
away with you, gray!!!
it's a new day.
it's a day filled with promise. with hope. a day brimming with excitement!
is it pouring rain and about as nasty and sloppy out there today as it can get?? yes! {flash flood warnings today!}
but am i going to let that dictate my mood?? nosireee!!
sloppy days like today will help me appreciate the sunshine and warmer temperatures.
i'm excited about what 2011 holds. it may be more hardship but i'm super thankful that wherever i am, so also is God. He's going to be with me every step of the way… working in and through my situations.
my goal this year is to consider it pure JOY… to really challenge myself to be a positive, glass-half-full-kind of person. this is an area in which i've struggled… but i'm committed to be thankful in all circumstances and give praise for His goodness. because God is good. all the time. period.

looking forward, with great expectation, to what God has in store for us this year. i'm excited to be journeying through 2011 with all of y'all. happy, joyful 2011 to you!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! What a great post. We have more rain coming in California which is really sad for so many who had problems with mud just a week ago. I know that I often don't know what is going on in the world, my father usually calls me from Florida and he informs me about what is going on!
    I don't watch the news or read the paper and I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to You! I want to be more positive and JOYFUL this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly said. I get tired of the same stuff, and love your outlook. Joy makes everything better, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!