Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

oh my word… it's friday!

i don't think i've been so happy to see a weekend come around in a really long time. thurdsay lasted for flippin ever. seriously!
i still have some work to wrap up today. before noon if possible. that might be a stretch because i'm going to go get my roots did and my hairs cut. hard to believe two months from now i could hang with grey showing through and a shaggy do if that meant me getting an iphone. alas. i don't see that happening any time soon.
dangit.
 i write the best blog posts at 3:30 am. too bad i don't get out of bed to actually write them. i was awake, so i read, hoping that would do the trick. not so much. i ended up getting up at 4:30 and finished some more work, watched grey's anatomy and private practice while i finished up some valentine goodies for our family's college students and enjoyed some quiet time. i figure if i need to catch up on my zzzs, i'll do it later when we're in the car. heading out today about one to go see bamagirl. picking up boy wonder on the way. looking forward to a nice weekend with just the four of us.
lots of stuff swirling around… and all throughout, i'm trying super hard to be thankful, to find the blessings in what we're experiencing. {thank you ann voskamp for that encouragement!}
i would never in a million years complain about what's going on… in the grand scheme of what other people are journeying through, this is mild. but still, not to minimize struggle, angst and broken hearts.
don't know if any of you are following the drama unfolding with the simple wife… but her story is nothing simple. far from it. almost four weeks ago, this 38 year old homeschooling mother of two suffered a massive stroke and was unconscious/comatose for two weeks. her husband has been detailing her miraculous recovery on her blog. news yesterday of her establishing communication through an ipad was nothing short of amazing. i cried with joy.
 in the midst of struggle is thanksgiving. much like the beginnings of spring… struggle brings growth; new life.
have an outstanding weekend, peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful weekend with your family. I do a lot of blogging in my head too, in the shower, in the car, etc. I love Grey's and Private Practice, they were both good last night. That is beautiful news on Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great week for Joanne...and yesterday she was sending texts and email. God is GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!