2. Do you still talk to your first love? nope. that would be super awkward and i've grown so much since that time that i wouldn't want to take that many steps in the other direction. it's better left buried.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? my dad let us take sips from his beer when we were really little. we'd sit with him on the basement staircase where he'd often pop open a long neck. sometimes the beer would froth up over the top of the bottle and dad would let us have the bubbles. it was pretty harmless. . . not something i would ever do with my own kids. but a sweet memory, nonetheless.
4. What was your first job? i worked for a women's clothing company in the mall, paul harris. i developed a need to straighten clothing at other stores when i was shopping. i was sixteen and never agressive enough to "sell." i never made my quota. who gives quotas to 16 year olds?
5. What was your first car? i came home for my first summer after leaving home for college. i bought my sister's boyfriend's fiat station wagon for $1500. it was a straight shift without an emergency break. i used to freak out trying to get back into first gear at stop lights. especially the ones on hills. not a big deal in wisconsin, where i bought it. seriously challenging in knoxville, where i went to school.
6. Who was the first person to text you today? niecey. she texted me to compliment me on my smoothie making skills. she has to be at work at 8 or to school at 7:30 so i try to make her a little healthy start to her day. what can i say? mom-skills are hard to let go. . .
7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? the hubster. he has a morning meeting on fridays at 6:30 and crawled out of bed at 5:59. pretty late for him. . .
8. Who was your first grade teacher? miss phimister. she was really tall and had these adorably crooked front teeth. i guess i've always been a teeth person!
9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? we moved from wisconsin to boston when i was 13. we flew home for my cousin's wedding less than a year after we moved. it was pretty awesome!
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? the only friend i still really keep in touch with is libby, my best friend from high school (the one who went to prom with the guy i was "talking to" and pretty much had a huge crush on) even though we were super competitive with each other. we don't talk much, or really email that much, but i still keep in touch with her, her sister and her mom. moving around a lot can take a real toll on deep friendships.
11. Where was your first sleepover? i never was big on sleep overs. i never got enough sleep and that would make me feel sick. but i did sleep over at my friend beth's house when we were little girls. her dad worked at a paper factory and i remember she always had these really neat pads of paper and we'd play school for hours. they also were the only family who had the real cool shag carpet in their living room. . . complete with a rake. they were ulta-modern.
12. Who was the first person you talked to today? the hubster. even though he's up and out early, i always have coffee and a devotion with him in the morning.
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? i was a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding. (we flew home for that one, too!) i was 17.
14. What was the first thing you did this morning? threw on a tshirt and some shorts and shared some coffee with the hubster.
15. What was the first concert you went to? styx. i saw them in boston when i was 16. i loved the concert so much i saw them two months later when they played in providence, ri.
16. First tattoo? i'll let you know when i get one.
17. First piercing? got my ears pierced when i was in the 7th grade. i thought i was the most daring kid in the world when i let my friend DOUBLE PIERCE my ears the next summer. quite scandalous in my mother's eyes.
18. First foreign country you went to? when you live in wisconsin, i think canada is just like upper michigan. . . not really a foreign country. but yeah, canada. my family will never let me forget i ordered spaghetti at an outdoor french cafe in quebec. hey. i was like 12. it's not my fault it was on the menu!!
19. First movie you remember seeing? the sound of music. it was amazing. i saw it with my mother.
20. What state did you first live in? wisconsin. brrrrr.
21. Who was your first room mate? susan smith. it was room mate pot luck. didn't care for that dish much. the housing folks could not have found two more opposite people on the planet. in my roommate's eyes, i had many faults. being a yankee was number one, and then the rest all fell in step. . . it was a pretty uncomfortable experience.
22. When was your first detention? never had one. i was a pleaser.
23. the list i stole this from didn't have a 23, so i guess i won't either!
24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? wow. the list is kinda long. . . i'd love to learn to play the cello. i'd love to learn to speak chinese fluently. i'd love to learn how to be a better photographer and photo retoucher. but in the land of lessons never quite mastered, i wish i could learn to keep my mouth shut. to resist the urge to hear my own voice. to show what i know. gah. to be struck mute would be such a bonus for those around me! i wish i could learn to be humble. yep. i think that would be the best. i try, but left to my own devices, i'm just a me-girl. so i'll rest on the power of the Holy Spirit and ask that i be givin a measure of grace that i might learn to be a less me, more God kinda girl.
25. Who will be the next person to post this? oh gracious, i have no idea. . . the people who read this are usually writing about much more important things than themselves. . .i feel so self-absorbed writing this. i appreciate you reading!
Coffee Talk + IG Roundup
18 hours ago