Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Friday, January 15, 2010

clean


half full…
half full…

choosing joy…
choosing joy…

breathe…

the hubs and i had a devo this morning about forgiveness, and it wasn't long before there were tears streaming down my face. gah. i hate crying sometimes…

the art of forgiveness is so hard. forgiving others can be easier than forgiving ourselves. and i find that i can forgive, but i have to resist the urge to pick it up again.

as for myself, i've taken off the filthy rags of sin. i've been showered clean. so why in the world would i look over at that dung-heap of clothing and even consider wearing them again?

let it go…
let it go…

i am so incredibly thankful that i have been cleansed by the blood of Christ.
i am also, so incredibly sad that sin has consequences…

like Lazarus dying so that God's glory might be displayed, i trust that this story too will have redemptive powers…

i trust Him.

and i know upon His leading, He will give me the courage…

until then, i am going to breathe…
…inhaling His goodness
…mercy
…grace.

ahhhhhhh.

3 comments:

  1. I needed this today...exactly this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post. Your blog is like a breath of fresh air, visually and content-wise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt myself taking breaths while reading this! It was so uplifting and inspring. just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!