Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

tough to explain


while i was busy doing something, i was listening to the television and i heard an ad for an upcoming show, and the storyline had to do with someone waking up after being in a coma for the past ten years. the voice said, "how do you explain facebook to someone, i mean really!"

yeah, and…



blackberry


blogging

IMing (that is so four years ago)
skyping

sexting (or just texting for that matter)
how google is a verb

katrina. it's not just a name anymore

darfur. more than a country

monica and the definition of "is"

another JFK dies too early


Y2K not such a big deal after all

bailout is not something you do on a boat


enron… only the beginning of epic failures

crocodile dundee. suddenly alligator wrangling doesn't look as scary as a stingray!

reality tv


ipods

tsunami

guitar hero and rock band

wii

michael jackson. the thrill is gone.


9/11 an emergency number of olympic proportions

and the list goes on…

what would you have a hard time explaining?


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow. It's crazy to think that in just 10 years all this stuff happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a list.

    I was trying to think of what I could add, and this is all I could come up with:

    GPS
    OnStar
    Apps/iPhone
    WiFi
    Slingbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is quite the list you have there! Those things would definitely be hard to explain. It is crazy to think that someone could fall asleep and then wake up and miss that much time.

    I think that I would have a hard time explaining all the things you mentioned plus rap music! I don't even get it myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have a hard time explaining how I'm now in my 30s but still living paycheck to paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I searched for Civil Rights vids in my classroom yesterday, and was instantly able to show images to my kids who were struggling with the idea of segregation, I realized how only 1 year ago I didn't have access to such a helpful tool.

    However, I'm having a hard time getting Twittering or the need for Twitter in general (sorry all!)

    I'm sure some people are still struggling with the reality of me being a Christ Follower...even though I can explain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, that's a pretty thorough list. Maybe


    BluRay is not from the sun

    Global Warming isn't a summer day or a worldwide happy feeling.


    how Photoshop is a verb and not a place

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was really neat. I feel like I missed some of that even though I was here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that brought back memories of when we brought our then 8 year old daughter home from Ethiopia. She had never seen an elevator, escalator, electric car windows................

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!