Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Thursday, January 21, 2010

finder's keepers

the hubs is always trying to get me to clean out the upstairs freezer and put non-essentials in the downstairs freezer.
i finally got tired of frozen food falling on my big toe (ouch) and sent some chicken stock, pre-browned stew meat and cooked ground beef (makes for super easy tacos or spaghetti sauce) and alot of other stuff to the frozen down-under and what to my wondering eyes should appear??

not eight tiny reindeer, but a dozen frozen girl scout thin mint cookies!!

i have lamented my empty nest.

not today!

muh ha ha ha…

11 comments:

  1. What an great post! Glad I found this blog (through, um, gosh, now where did I find you!? Oh! I remember, through An Inch of Gray).

    Think those Thin Mints are frozen enough to survive a trip up the coast to the VA/WV area right into my mailbox (and quickly thereafter, my mouth?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I just placed a cookie order on Tuesday. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the simple pleasures in a day : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling. I am sad b/c I didn't have any Girl Scouts to order from this year. But really, that's a good thing as far as my ass & thighs area concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did any EVER get left behind? Once I open a stack of those babies, they are gone.

    I do have a girl scout to order from, and from her I ordered for a friend of mine in Chicago (we're 50 minutes outside of), my college boy, and his friend Katie who lives in Scotland. Oh,I got a box too, Trefoils. Allowing myself just one box, I allowed for quantity over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl Scouts does claim they freeze well, lol. :P


    The littles are selling these now- I have to wait for the middle of February to eat some you lucky gal you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thin mints.....ooooooooo how I love you!!!!
    nom, nom, nom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is that?? I had a package of cookies in the pantry...but Elizabeth and Isaiah discovered them first...little scoundrels! Tyler, when he was a teenager, would eat the entire package and leave one. Just one. So that way he could say, "I didn't eat them all." You know how it is....how I wish he was here eating the cookies and leaving just one..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are my favorite cookies too! And I keep them in the freezer as well. Still have some left from last year and when I bought more this year my husband made sure to point that out!!!

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!