Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Thursday, January 7, 2010

heart I.V.

after a really blueish day where there was something off and swirly that i couldn't quite put my finger on, i went to our youth group at church (where the hubster and i are sophomore leaders) and as soon as worship began, i realized, i need a heart IV.

i've been in a dry and weary land and have been stumbling around like some sort of hallucinagenic homeless person {not that there's anything wrong with that}. the music began, and the words began to wash over me, and it was like a waterfall of HIM that just soothed my aching soul and filled me up, little by little.
As I Am

Here I am, all of me

Here I am, at your feet

Here I am, saying that I need you again

Here I am, I’m tired

Here I am, distracted

Here I am, coming to your feet anyway



I need You to meet me once again

I need You to fill this void within

I need You to hear this heart of mine

I need You…



Here I am, I’m broken

Here I am, so weary

Here I am, tattered by this life’s demands

Here I am, I’m hungry

Here I am, I’m thirsty

Here I am, wanting so much more of you



You’re everything I’ve needed

And you’re everything I’ve wanted

And you’re everything I’ve dreamed of

You’re everything to me


why do i insist on wandering in the dessert when there is an ocean of Him right at my fingertips?? seriously??
gah.
pride.
i wish it was true: you're everything i've wanted. you're everything to me…
if i weren't so interested in me…
maybe i could be this person. who hungers and thirsts after the Lord like my very life depended on it…
man. i love worship music. it's the I.V. that connects directly to my soul. my spiritual central line. His word is the fluid in my I.V.
ahhhhhh…

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I think that I am in need of listening to some of my Christian music. One of my favorites is "Shout To The Lord"

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post!!!
    I think this is my problem as of late...thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I needed to read today! I've been in quite the desert and your post really let me know I just need to spend some quality time in worship! Your line "if i weren't so interested in me…" really hit home!

    This is my first visit to your blog and so far I love it! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find, as I'm sorting through this church change, the music is where I become aware of Him the most. I am thankful to Him for showing Himself to you this way today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sooooooooooo relate to this post. Music is my "language". When I went through my years of desert trekking, the only thing that could stir me was music. As soon as the 1st note played I would start bawling. I still have a hard time making it through worship w/o tears. I hope you can find more Times of Refreshing in the near future and get yourself out of the desert. It's such a hard place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need this now too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!