Visit my new blog

In case you haven't heard, I've moved my blog, but haven't figured out how to redirect yet. HTML code can kiss my a*s. Come visit me here: http://kimberwidmer.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

brrrr and blustery, but beachy!

good thing the hubster and i have our computers to keep us company. with the stormy skies and chilly temperatures, it's the perfect excuse to hunker down and get some work done. and since our internet connection is sketchy at best, it keeps me from surfing too much and my little ADDness can actually get some work done!
and i read a book in about a day and a half (not my daughter by barbara delinsky), too. it feels good to do some relaxing without feeling guilty that i should be doing something else.
we went trolling around looking for some free wifi that also offered up some beach atmosphere. we knew we could get wifi at  books a million, but that's not big on beach atmosphere. and panera has good access, but with the crappy weather, the place was packed out, so we couldn't score a table. and it's not very beachy either, but it did have food.
so we hopped back in the car and drove down the old beach-front road and happened on kenny d's, a beachy little spot with… free wifi!! and happy hour half price oysters on the half shell and pitchers of beer!!
we got some serious work completed, ate some seriously good oysters while washing it all down with some seriously cold beer.
mmmmm. working at the beach. a girl could get used to this!!
oh, and ghetto camera has dead batteries. for the love of pete, could i get a break?? (so you'll have to imagine the run-down atmosphere at kenny d's or the image of big ole black rain clouds over the gulf waters.)

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a winning combo-- esp. the beer. xo, anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the weather sucks it really sounds perfect. Who doesn't want to be at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Delinsky book is on hold for me at the liberry (mistake made on purpose), and it's meant to be a lousy weather weekend here. And the hubs is going out of town. Hm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the beach warms up a little for ya before you have to leave!!! and what is up with the camera?! are you wearing an ugly green dress or something!?! HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting some work done. ;)!! enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

love me some comment love… thanks so much for taking the time to share your heart with me!